Anna here, with some exciting news. Carrie Spence, of Sweet and Savory Spence, has nominated Anna’s Blog for a Liebster Award. This is an award given by bloggers to other newbie bloggers (i.e. 500 or less followers). Which is pretty much exactly where we’re at at Anna’s Blog. So Carrie, you picked right when you picked me for a noobie!
Next, I’ll answer a set of questions posed by Carrie. Here goes:
1. What was the best memory from your childhood?
I’d have to say Thanksgiving holidays. The whole family would come over, and it was a wonderful time to see everyone from far away come to us.
2. What do you think is the best Ben and Jerry’s flavor?
Cherry Garcia. I grew up with it. I can’t think of Ben and Jerry’s without thinking of it.
3. Where is your dream vacation spot?
North Carolina Outer Banks. We’ve been a bunch of times. Everybody loves it. Mmmm….OBX memory flashback. Okay, I’m back now.
4. What is your most favorite piece of clothing that you own?
A pair of khaki shorts that I wear in the summers. I smile each Spring when I pull them out of the drawer for the first time.
5. If you could rename your children would you?
Nope. Their names are just right.
6. What is your favorite food?
Apples. Haven’t met one I didn’t like. Best when eaten just after being picked in the Fall.
7. What are your 3 things you couldn’t live without?
2 kids + spouse. That was easy.
8. If you could name one person you would like to look like who would it be?
I’m pretty happy looking like me. (I may have missed the point on that one. Sorry.)
9. What is your favorite holiday?
I’m still pretty partial to Thanksgiving (right there with you Carrie!)
10. What is your guilty pleasure?
Sitting with a really good friend or two and just talking about nothing.
11. Where is your favorite place to shop for yourself?
I’m also a big Amazon person. Love the convenience, even if the UI/UX leaves me bewildered at times.
Here are eleven random facts about myself:
1. I was born and lived for 6 years in the mountains of Western Maryland.
2. I’ve been a rower for 15 years. I row port, for those who are interested in such things.
3. My older boy is autistic. He is getting better; I still worry about his long-term future.
4. Bugs don’t bug me, except for ants in my kitchen. I hate that. A lot.
5. I’m fine with pink, but I actually like green better.
6. I really like bargains. The bigger, the better.
7. I have/had Crohn’s.
8. Vacation planning: I prefer beaches to mountains.
9. I enjoy listening to classical music.
10. As much as I really like blogging I feel overwhelmed sometimes by everything that I think that I need to learn.
11. Fitfunner’s mission of remaking preventative healthcare for kids and parents is personally motivating and important to me. I think that it is really cool. This could wind up being the most impactful job that I’ve ever had.
Passing the torch:
My nominees for the Liebster Awards are:
Please check out their blogs and social media feeds. I hope that these nominees have as much fun with this as I have!
To my fellow nominees: continuing the tradition set by Carrie, the Liebster Award rules are (1) answer the eleven questions above, (2) provide eleven random facts, and (3) nominate five new bloggers. Continue on the tradition!